Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Wash Your Linens - in style!

I love white linens, I love the smell of clean, bleached linens.  Clean sheets hanging on a clothesline takes me back to my childhood.  I remember helping my grandmother and my mother hang clothes on a line in the bright summer sun.  I can remember how the cool, wet cloth felt on my face and the way they smelled faintly of bleach.  With all that nostalgia floating through the breeze, you might be mistakenly led to believe that I enjoy laundry.  This is, unfortunately, not true.  Laundry falls into the cleaning house category, and I think we have clearly established the fact that I do not have an affinity for that.
However, this old worn drying rack may ease the pain of laundry a little bit.  I think this is just perfect for displaying vintage linens.  It was a lucky find on yesterday's picking trip.  Today, I found it's to die for companion - two lovely old hand embroidered pillows.  These are fantastic for an added detail in a romantic guest room, or would make an adorable pillowcase dress for a young girl.
I will be ironing these up tonight and putting them on e-bay with the drying rack that is already listed.  I also scored a hand made lace table topper and an interesting french spoon rest.  I'll try to show those off later.  Enjoy your day and go bleach something and sniff it before you put it in the dryer.  You might feel nostalgic too... if not, maybe you were the child of an uppity family who had a dryer that worked ;)!

No comments:

Post a Comment